All parents are scared of head lice and most of them fear their child will come and complain that their scalp is itchy.
Head lice spread and breed very fast, causing severe itching and trauma that is persistent if not treated on time. These miniature insects feed on the head blood and are pretty contagious. Many remedies are offered on the market, and even though some are effective, they can be pricy and fabricated.
On the market you can find different lice shampoos. However if you ever experienced this problem you are aware that these solutions are expensive and ineffective. In the end you face with the endless combing that can last for hours, but there can be few parasites behind.
Then there’s the infinite combing which can last or hours and still leave some of these pesky parasites behind. If you’ve tried every trick in the book and you just don’t know what else to do to resolve this issue don’t worry, we’re here to help you. The following home remedy has proven to be extremely effective against head lice and if your child has them you should most definitely try it out.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Listerine mouthwash (You can use another brand).
- Lice comb.
- White vinegar.
- A couple of towels.
- Shower cup or plastic bags.
- With the mouthwash wash your head. The hair should be completely wet.
- Using a plastic bag, wrap the hair or cover it with a bathing cap. Leave it for 60 minutes.
- Remove the bathing cap/plastic bag.
- Next, wash your hair with the vinegar and cover it again with a cap/bag for additional 60 minutes.
- Finally, remove the cap/bag and with a normal shampoo wash your hair.
- Take a lice comb and comb the hair. The vinegar will eliminate the lice eggs from the hair.
We present you the advantages of this treatment:
• It does not have any side effects and it is healthy.
• It gives you long-term results (it is very likely that lice won’t appear once again after this treatment).
• It is not expensive (it costs only a couple of dollars).
• Just a little bit of spritzes of mix green or mint water will eliminate them.
• It will completely protect you.
• Your child’s hair will be shiny and smooth and it will smell nice.
We really hope you enjoyed this article and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You.